Characteristics of Computer Science Graduates Contest
The ACM/IEEE-CS/AAAI Joint Task Force on Computer Science Curricula invites you to submit an original essay that addresses the following question for the next decade:
What should be the desirable characteristics and reasonable expectations of students when they graduate with an undergraduate degree in Computer Science?
- Limit the essay to 1000-1200 words.
- The essay should be in English.
- Please include the name(s), affiliation(s) and contact email address(es) of the author(s) in the submission.
- Please submit the essay as a pdf file.
- Please email the essay to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submissions will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
- Limit three unique submissions per author(s).
- Up to three winners will be selected from among the submissions by a subcommittee of the CS2023 task force.
- Authors of each winning essay will be awarded a $100 gift certificate.
CS2023 Companion Volume:
- Submissions may be considered for inclusion in the companion volume of CS2023 curricular guidelines to be published in 2023-2024.
- If a submission is included, the author(s) will be expected to sign a copyright form granting permission for inclusion of the essay in the companion volume.
- Submissions may be edited before inclusion.